Monday, October 28, 2013

The Hard Yards

OK Australians...what is your fascination with indoor camping? Once again I find myself in a crappy old Brownie Camp of a place where the fly wire is busted and there's no air-conditioning and the mozzies are as big as magpies?
Fair Dinkum!
It all reminds me of a summer several moons ago when, on the hottest weekend of the year a bunch of us headed to Fairbridge to do some training among the busted fly wire, no air-conditioning and mozzies as big as magpies...
Oh, and at night it was difficult to sleep not just because the conditions were less than favourable but because, if you listened in hard at the walls you could hear the sounds of little children crying because they missed their mothers and for the casual cruelty of their new lives....
So, what's the occasion? Well, after about 15years of waiting, I'm doing a PASSING course. It's a bit like intellectual, emotional and physical bootcamp and so it doesn't really help to also be living in a Brownie Camp while I do it............. 
So, the purpose of this whinging blog is to say that the posts may well be a bit light on over the next couple of days but I want you to know that I'm doing some hard yakka here...I yearn for room service...



OK...so maybe a slight exaggeration but...
I'll write when I can...


One does not love a place the less for having suffered in it unless it has all been suffering, nothing but suffering.