Friday, October 18, 2013

Look for a lovely thing...

Today is a day of lovely things...

Laundry dried and neatly folded...smelling of fresh...

Two friends who have loved each other for a long time finally being free to marry and have the life they have made together recognised and celebrated...

Another friend whose eldest daughter marries today...

A note tucked in to my in-box that means the world of love and encouragement to me...

Some of the loveliness is happening a long way from here...but loveliness has a way of stretching out...its tendrils seeking places to wrap around and joyful if it finds a heart...

Here's another lovely thing...from a long way away...my friend Diane Lowrie is a photographer with a gift for seeing things up close and capturing their beauty. I've admired her photographs for a long time but I had not noticed this one before...I hope you are as lifted by the loveliness as I am.


by Diane Lowrie

'...look for a lovely thing and you will find it, 
it is not far.
It will never be far.'
Sara Teasdale