Saturday, November 2, 2013

Ain't a feelin' like it in the world...

I'm not trying to shirk my responsibility or break my promise to myself. It's just that my head is full to overflowing after the past few days. Words and ideas are spilling out and are going to take a bit of time to be formed into something that is somewhat coherent. I had a bit of a crack at it last night and was full of good intentions to post something this morning but the morning brought a few disasters and I feel now like I'm herding cats in my head...

Saturdays and Sundays can be unpredictable in our house. We're very much a the mercy of some of the support we receive. Today, they broke the air mattress on Rick's bed. They did something they've been asked repeatedly not to do but they did it and bust the seal on the mattress. It quickly deflated and is now unusable until we can get someone out to fix it...can't get in touch until Monday...who knows when they'll come and do the repair. We're lucky because we have a Plan B...but it's not ideal and massively inconvenient for...ME...and unlikely to be very comfortable for Rick...not to mention hugely expensive (this company seems unable to charge an amount less than $300)
So I'm not happy and Rick is...well, Rick really... 

Then I was done out of $40 in my change at a vegetable stall in Fremantle markets. As if the injury wasn't bad enough I was about to add insult to it by getting into the most foul slanging match with the stall holder...


PLEASE NOTE...I walked away before I started...

Stealing money is one thing but I was off to a dark and ugly place that I didn't even know existed in the busy world of Heather Simmons...

All of this to say that there's stuff on my mind...hopefully I can lasso it into some kind of order...

In the meantime, here's a little something to make you smile...

http://youtu.be/Pk7yqlTMvp8