Monday, November 11, 2013

Pffftt


I have a dilemma and I'm going to try and state it simply. 

I absolutely believe that people should be able to be whoever they are...be their unique selves...make sense of the world in their own way regardless of how much sense that makes to anyone else. 


AND

I also absolutely believe and KNOW through my own experience that much of the quality of people's lives is influenced by how other people perceive them. In SRV terms the imagery surrounding people and the competencies they display influence how people see them and create opportunities for them to experience what we would typically describe as a good life. 

In my mind these two ideas sit in conflict. I want to make them either/or but I think that the truth is 'and/both'. And I'm not sure what that would look like.

Pffftt...that was the sound of my mind being blown...

And this is something to help soothe it back together again...

http://youtu.be/V7KsDv1K8-k