Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Let's just see what happens...

It has been a very long time since I've posted on this blog. A lot has happened between now and then. Almost all of the big 'life events' have been experienced and as that's been happening I've been swept up in the turmoil of it all and have found myself in a place that sure isn't Kansas.

And there has been this year. This Corona/COVID-19 year. 

This is the year I became 60! I managed to sneak all of the celebrations in just before lockdown began and so I was lucky to celebrate and share it all with family and friends. February was a glorious month of meet-ups and gifts and afternoon teas and gifts and karaoke, balloons and cake...

Then March came along and somehow things slipped away over the lockdown. Work was done differently. Friendships were done differently. Our rituals for celebration and grief became impossible to perform. We communicated remotely through screens and on-line and assembled, masked, and distantly. Everything was different.

Now it's December. And things have changed again. I've thought a lot about what I was doing and after three years at C-Change I've left my job. I'm not really sure what's next but I've got this thing about stories and finding ways to tell them...so I think it involves more writing. 

Maybe some on-line work with some people in Perth?

Maybe some things that I have not even imagined and have yet to discover? Who knows? 

I'm going to try and write about what I notice and learn as I go along. I'm going to write every day as we head into the new year. After that, who knows?

If you're kind enough to read this my hope is that we'll share some common experiences. If it turns out not to be your cup of tea then that's OK...as I said in the very first intro, just close the door quietly behind and come back anytime you like.

And let's just see what happens...

'I'm about going about into the world and noticing 

stuff, and going home and writing it down, and putting

it next to other stuff I've noticed and 

seeing what happens'

Pam Houston